8th INTERNATIONAL CRIME & PUNISHMENT FILM FESTIVAL
09 – 16 November 2018
SHORT FILM COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
General theme of Festival is “Justice”. A Short Film Competition will be held during the Festival. Only films that address general theme will be eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to any fiction film and animation film, produced in 2017 and 2018.
- The Festival will be held between the dates of 09 – 16 November 2018 in Istanbul
- Application deadline for the competition is Friday, 03 August 2018
TERMS OF APPLICATION
- In order to enter the International Crime and Punishment Film Festival, online entry form must be filled out completely. Short Film Competition applicants should read the Rules and Regulations. Two copies of the film in DVD (Pal) should be posted to the Festival Office and sent by e-mail in digital format.
- The running time of the film should not exceed 20 minutes.
- During the Festival, a Grand Jury will select the ‘Best Short Film’. The director of the ‘Best Short Film’ will be granted with ‘Golden Scales Award’ and 2500€⁄EURO prize money.
- All films in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
- Productions in all kinds of formats are eligible to enter the competition. However, screening copies must be DCP or Digital Betacam, Betacam SP, HDCam or should be sent in a hard disk drive. The Festival will not screen films in other formats.
- The copy of the film should be suitable for screening in terms of picture and sound quality. Poorly recorded films may be eliminated by the Committee without any notification
- The original title of the film, director’s name and must be clearly and legibly written on submitted DVD copies.
- Films that have been previously screened publicly, broadcasted on television prior to the Festival, which are available for purchase on DVD, or available for continuous online viewing in their entirety, are not eligible.
- All preview copies should be sent to the Festival office by Friday, 03 August 2018.
- The preview copy of the film together with the completed entry form and following materials should be sent to the Festival center and sent by e-mail in digital forms before the application deadline.
- DVD Copy of the film with English subtitles (2 copies)
- Synopsis c.
- Complete list of production credits d.
- English and original language subtitles and dialogue lists.
- Press kit, poster and some stills form the film (300 dpi min.).
- Director’s bio, filmography and director’s photo (300 dpi min).
- Trailer of the film without subtitle or any logo, time-code etc. to be used in the Festival Trailer
- Screening copies must be sent to the festival center by 01 October 2018, till 18:00.
- A preliminary jury made up of 3 people will watch the films and select up to 5 films for the competition section. The screening schedule and film selection will be made by this preliminary jury assigned by the Festival Committee.
- Pre-selection results will be announced on the Festival website and the applicant will be notified via e-mail.
- During the Festival, a Grand Jury made up of at three to five people will select the ‘Best Film’.
- Festival Committee will select the jury members.
- During the Festival, a jury member may watch the films in the movie theaters or special screenings, together with the other jurors or on her/his own.
- Festival Committee will assign an observer who doesn’t have a right to vote, to attend the Jury evaluation meeting. The results will be submitted to the Festival committee with a signed copy of justification document.
- The director of the ‘Best Short Film’ will be granted with ‘Golden Scales Award’ and 2500 €⁄EURO prize money.
- Grand Jury will solely evaluate the Best Film and is obliged to select the Best Film among the competition nominees. If deemed necessary, the Grand Jury can allocate the prize to two separate films.
- The winner is obliged to attend the Award ceremony to claim his/her reward. Or be represented.
- The prize money will be paid by 31stof December 2018.
- The submitted DVD copies of the films will not be returned and will be kept/stored in the Festival archives
- For more information about the transportation of screening copies, please read the Festival Rules & Regulations carefully.
- By filling out the online entry form, the applicants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of the Festival competition rules and regulations, set forth herein.
- The Festival Executive Committee is responsible for resolving all issues that are beyond the scope of Festival rules & regulations and disputes or disagreements that might occur.
Adress: Tesvikiye Cad. No: 57 Derbi Apt. K:3 Tesvikiye
Sisli / Istanbul
Phone: +90 212 291 96 62 / Fax: +90 212 291 49 83